Difference between polyester fabric and nylon fabric for rain jacket
(1) high mechanical properties of the rupture strength, elongation; high initial modulus; good elastic recovery; fabric stiffness, wear resistance is better, better dimensional stability.
(2) Absorption dyeing bad
W = 0.4%; can not be used at room temperature dyeing. Easy to static, poor stain resistance
(3) Thermal Properties High melting point 255-265 ° C; good heat resistance and thermal stability
(4) Optical properties Lightfastness, second only to acrylic
(5) Acid and alkali resistant, not mildew-free
(6) Density: 1.38 g / cm3
(1) mechanical properties of the rupture strength, higher buckling strength, elongation; lower initial modulus, large work-break; good elasticity, good wear resistance, poor shape retention and stiffness of the fabric.
(2) Moisture Dyeing W = 4.5%, better than polyester
(Polyamide 6), less than 130 ° C (Nylon 66); Melting Point: 215 ° C (Nylon 6), 250 ° C (Nylon 66)
(4) poor light resistance
(5) alkali is not acid
(6) less density: 1.14g / cm3
Nylon generally better elasticity! Dyeing temperature of 100 degrees on it! With neutral or acid dye staining. Polyester worse than polyester, but his strength is better, anti-pilling good! The color of the fire with a white smoke. Polyester burned a smoke, there are black ash floating up. Dyeing temperature of 130 degrees (high temperature and pressure), hot melt method generally below 200 degrees baking! The main characteristics of polyester Stability is better, the general clothes plus a small amount of polyester can help wrinkle, plasticity.
Although they have many differences, but for rain jacket are a good choice